Sunday 27 March 2022

Alexis Taylor's new single "Long Way From Home" now at radio

 














Big dreams often come with bumps in the road, and Nashville-based Alexis Taylor reveals the unseen side of pursuing stardom with her confessional country song “Long Way From Home” which dropped Feb 25, 2022 - available now.

“Long Way From Home” is a smooth traditional country jam with an infectious melody, twangy guitar, and warm harmonies. Despite its story of dejection and loneliness, Taylor’s voice soars above the feelings, while the lyrics paint a vivid picture of a young girl set out to chase her dreams.

REQUEST TO RADIO

hen Taylor started writing “Long Way From Home,” she hadn’t finished writing a song in months and was having a day where she felt like giving up on her music career. “I felt so defeated,” she said. “I felt like it was time to pack my bags, go home, and find a regular 9-5 job and quit chasing these crazy dreams of mine.”

I wanted to really capture everything I was feeling in the lyrics and melody of the song,” she said. “So I sat in my living room and just started writing, pouring my heart out onto paper - the song seemed to write itself.

The song was recorded in Nashville, where Taylor has been living ever since she decided to leave her small hometown in Ontario to pursue her dreams. And those dreams have clearly already materialized in a big way - the song was produced by John Willis, who has worked with Taylor Swift, Shania Twain, Willie Nelson and many other musical greats.
At the end of the day, I know music is what I was born to do, and even though I go through days of uncertainty, I was able to create this song as a reminder of how far I have come, and to not lose faith,
” Taylor said. 

CONNECT | STAY IN TOUCH with Alexis Taylor

Home Page Icon Pink x 48 photo Home-Icon-Pink x48_zpsbck4m9sa.png Facebook Icon Pink x 48 photo Facebook_zpsoxry8ygw.png Twitter Icon Pink x 48 photo Twitter_zpsu2lrijql.png Instagram Icon Pink x 48 photo Instagram_zpsuh9qqh6v.png Spotify Icon Pink x 48 photo Spotify Icon-Pink x48_zpsvgbtygjl.png
:


No comments:

Post a Comment